Sunday 11 September 2011

What is this about?
Comparison of various mythologies.
I do not wish to support or oppose any ones opinions about any religions, beliefs, etc.
These are simply my view. I would try to update this matter continuously with what ever matter is appropriate to this post.

For Greek Myth, I have some times quoted Holmer and Heseud, who both have contradictions.
Similarly, Hindu Myth, has so many different meanings and versions, that Only a few can be quoted. There are chances of Contradictions and reason for Debate.

If while reading, or lack of time but interest to read or if interested, please click follow, so that when I update, you can come back and read.

My other sources are 
http://www.egyptianmyths.net/
http://www.greekmythology.com/
http://www.norse-mythology.com/

Why do I write?
There are plenty of people who have done a lot of research and published there articles in various books or online.  Yet many have different scope.
This is another attempt to bring different understandings together.  Hope people will contribute to making this  much better.

What is my experience/knowledge?
Frankly my knowledge is limited. I have heard and learnt lot about Hinduism from my parents, people around me, books and movies.
My interest in other mythology like Greek, Norse, Egyptian was aroused by a "Age Of Mythology" a popular game by Microsoft.  After playing that game with dedication, I watched a few movies, cartoons, etc and wanted to know more.

What is my experience in writing?
Fairly less. I started looking for this information and while going through various sties I found quite a few interesting but not complete, and quite a few contradictory.
I went and added all of them in "Comparison of Greek and Hindu Gods". When I visited this later I found that "This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy." I do not remember if I had seen this earlier to adding more to it or ignored it.
But I would hate to loose all the analysis, as this was just a starting.

Before I get in deep, I would like to Quote a few definitions:
Religion: a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.
Mythologya set of stories, traditions, or beliefs associated with particular group or the history of an event, arising naturally or deliberately fostered.
Legend: non historical or unverifiable story handed down by traditionfrom earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.The body of stories of this kind, especially as they relate to particular people, group, or clan.
Talea narrative that relates the details of some real or imaginary event, incident, or case; story.

No comments:

Post a Comment